Hey there! I don’t know about you but it seems like each year, specially since getting married, and now having a baby that the Holiday season just flies by! It’s so chaotic and busy, yet I’m trying my best to embrace everything I LOVE about Christmas season. And yes, Christmas has it’s own season. I hope you’ve been able to enjoy the festive lights, Christmas trees, wonderful music, friends, family, and the reason for the season, Jesus!
I’m realizing more and more that having a baby means that I don’t get to do things the same way I always have. I used to start Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving so that I could enjoy the entire month of December. I used to start creating fun little arts and craft projects for decorations. I used to go driving around listening to Christmas music and looking for anything festive. I used to sit cuddled in a blanket, sipping my coffee, while enjoying some quiet time. Wait…what is quiet time, again? lol..no but really. This year, I’ve had to set aside a lot of those selfish desires so that I can be a mama. Don’t get me wrong, I adore my child. She has gifted me with the ability to experience the most amazing love I ever have, but there are times I wish I could be selfish again. I say all that because it’s so crazy to me that Christmas is literally a week away! Like…WHAT!? Wasn’t it just Halloween? Sheesh. I used to think time flew by, but having a baby makes it go 100x faster.
Anyways, as crazy busy as life has been, I’m so thankful for the blessing of being able to, first of all, be a mama. What a wonderful gift it is to know that I grew my baby in my belly and gave birth to her. I’m thankful that my husband is such a hard worker and spectacular provider for our little family…cause we all know life is expensive! I’m thankful that I have the option of being a stay at home mama…that has been my dream since I was little, and now I’m living it! I’m thankful that I have a beautiful home and cozy bed to sleep in. I’m thankful that I have the priveledge to wake up every morning without worry. I’m thankful that even with all the evil going on in this world that I know without a doubt the God is more powerful than anything the enemy can throw my way and when I call upon the name of Jesus all darkness HAS to leave. I’m just thankful. God is so good. Life is so good.
Note: I wrote that before Christmas. Apparently I was interrupted and never got back to it, because apparently I’m a mom, and apparently being a mom means apparently you’re interrupted a lot. <- Want to watch a cute video of the “apparently kid” click HERE!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Holy Moly…like I said, time flies. I hope your holidays were fantastic!
So a few things I’m learning to accept as a mama:
1. Time to myself is few and far between
2. I’m not one of those super-woman-do-it-all-and-still-look-flawless kind of mom’s
3. I’m okay with that
4. I thoroughly enjoy watching my baby all day
5. However, I’m finding that I’m feeling like I need to find a hobby or something else to do with my life
6. I’m learning that there are a lot of passionate mother’s out there that have strong opinions
7. I just want a mommy friend that has a baby around the same age and loves Jesus
8. Sometimes I wonder if I’m doing being a mama the right way, but then I realize that there is no “right way”.
9. My baby is constantly on my mind and it’s hard to detach from her
10. I need/want to spend more time with the Lord
11. I need/want to spend more time with my husband
12. I have stretch marks and extra skin that I’m supposed to embrace but really I loathe
13. But I would be pregnant all over again because Serenity has brought so much joy to my life
14. Parenthood is hard
15. Being a mama is the next best thing to being a wife and I wouldn’t change it for anything.
Thanks for reading!